Woodthorpe has been assessed as achieving Investors in People GOLD standard. This means the school becomes one of a small group to be recognised as showing excellence in developing its entire staff. We are very proud to have achieved this recognition. We know this means that our children get the very best deal from the adults in school ... which is just what they deserve!
Ann Lyon, a consultant from Investors in People, spent four days in school. She interviewed a range of staff and concluded the school met the GOLD standard. Below are a few quotes from her report:
- Woodthorpe Community Primary School has a clear purpose and vision to support the highest levels of academic and personal achievement for its pupils.
- Throughout the assessment it was clear that the school is supported by talented and committed staff at all levels.
- The school is led by an inspirational senior leadership team who involve and engage staff, encouraging close collaboration and teamwork balanced with a respect for individual talents which helps to support innovation and talent development throughout the school.
- Innovation is encouraged through people being encouraged to try new things without fear of making mistakes.
- People described the senior leadership team as inspirational, creating an environment of trust in which staff feel valued and motivated to give of their best.
- People throughout the school demonstrate a strong personal commitment to the values of the school and are motivated to achieve the best outcomes for pupils.
- People think that the school is a great place to work. People are supported for personal as well as professional development, work-life balance is actively encouraged and leaders take a personal interest in the staff.
And here are some direct quotes from the staff ...
'We build an environment which enables people to be the best they can be.'
'It's not just talk. We put things into action.'
'We never sit still, we're always striving.'
'The school is highly innovative. The curriculum has been transformed. It's an exciting project.'
'It's like a family, we get on well with people, there are no dreads about coming to work.'
'I feel this is my family. When I come in in the morning I feel excited. I wouldn't want to leave.'